We always think that chocolate is a source of calories, flab and pimples, but that's not the case at all, and today we're going to tell you why.
Dark chocolate with an intensity of 70% or more is very good for our health, thanks to its high concentration of flavonoids, antioxidants that are also present in foods of vegetable origin or derivation.
Dark chocolate also has the ability to limit the negative effects associated with cholesterol, hypertension and helps prevent cardiovascular disease. Obviously, it should not be consumed in excess.
The recommended daily dose is 1/3 square per day.
Here are the benefits of dark chocolate:
- Keeps sadness at bay: thanks to its high magnesium and cocoa content, it stimulates the production of serotonin, the hormone of happiness, thus acting as a "natural antidepressant".
- Fights cholesterol and diabetes
- It is a source of energy for body and mind: the high potassium content stimulates muscle and brain activity.
- Decreases nervous hunger by giving us a sense of satiety
- Helps prevent skin ageing
- Improves eyesight
- Ignites our mind, improving learning ability